Children and Families
Support for Families in Shropshire
Our Shropshire family service is funded by Shropshire Council and the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group. Families must live in the Shropshire Council area, and have children under 18 years old, with autism/autistic traits. An autism diagnosis is not needed.
- Parent training workshops: including introductory awareness sessions, programmes with multiple sessions, and workshops on specific topics.
- Individual advice and support for parents: advice sessions are a chance for parents to meet a member of the team face to face, discuss their concerns and receive practical advice. Further support may be available and can be discussed at the advice appointment.
- Coffee mornings and family events: Informal meetings and events in the holidays are a chance to meet others and share experiences in a supportive environment.
- Workshops for children and young people: workshops are arranged on topics such as anxiety, self-esteem and understanding autism
- Training, support and partnership work with Shropshire professionals working with children and families
Teens Summer Programme
Funded by Shropshire Council Short Breaks
We offer a summer activity programme for young people aged 13 – 18 years who live in the Shropshire council area. The programme runs for 10 sessions (2 sessions per week) during the school summer holidays.
Each session includes activities such as crafts, cooking, games, and trips out, but there is also be the opportunity to learn about autism, meet other young people and learn new skills.
If you would like further information please contact our Autism Information Helpline on 0121 450 7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For information on our forthcoming events please visit our events calendar by clicking the link below.