Community Support for Adults
The Sandwell Adult Discussion Group takes place one evening a month in West Bromwich town centre. They are an opportunity to meet other autistic adults, and to talk about topics such as:
- How being autistic affects you
- Independence skills
- Managing health and wellbeing
After the meeting, we visit a local pub for a meal and more of a social opportunity. The meal part of the meeting is optional, but is always enjoyed by those who attend.
The group is supported by two trained advisors, who can help you get to know others, answer your questions about the discussion topics, and help you to feel safe and supported.
This is a great opportunity to make friends and find out more about autism, strategies to manage, and how other adults on the spectrum experience their condition.
To take part you must be:
- Over 16 years of age
- Registered with a Sandwell or West Birmingham GP (you will need to provide your NHS Number to access the group)
- Clinically diagnosed or seeking a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Condition
- Able to manage in a group setting with minimal support
If you would like further information on the above support please email email@example.com
Take part in discussions with other autistic adults, meet new people and learn strategies and information on being on the autistic spectrum. Sessions are supported by autism specialist staff, who will be on hand to answer questions from the group and guide the group in the discussion.