Well Being Walk – Sandwell Valley Country Park
24th August at 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Parents and Carers Well Being Walk in Sandwell Valley Country Park
Join us for a well being walk at Sandwell Valley Country Park. (booking is essential)
Free for Sandwell resident parents and carers
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other parents and carers and explore one of the many beautiful trails of the valley. The trail is just under 2 miles long and the pace is suitable
for all fitness levels.
Children are welcome to come along, providing they are supervised at all times.
Date: Wednesday 24th August 2022
Time: 10am – 11:30am
Location: Sandwell Valley Country Park, Salters Lane, West Bromwich B71 4BG
Booking Information: To book a place(s) please visit our eShop: Parents and Carers Well Being Walk in Sandwell Valley Country Park | Autism West Midlands Shop
More details about the course and what you will see:
The course is walked on a mixture of tarmac paths and trail paths. Some sections of the course
may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain.
- Starting at the path in the corner of the car park at the bottom of Salters Lane next to Sandwell Park Farm
- We will cross the bridge and carry straight on towards the ruins of Sandwell Priory (past the well from which Sandwell gets its name).
- Once we have reached these monuments, we will carry on up a steady incline towards Park Lane.
- Just before we reach the end, we will turn left through the park land for about 1km and left towards Swan Pool.
- At Swan pool, we will turn left walking clockwise around Swan Pool until we reach the cross path.
- Here we will carry straight on over the bridge and then left back towards Sandwell Valley Farm.
The walk starts at the trail path on the corner of the car park at the bottom of Salters Lane within Sandwell Valley Country Park.
Getting there by public transport
The nearest Metro station is Kenrick Park (1.2 miles) and nearest railway stations are Smethwick Galton bridge (1.8 miles) and Sandwell and Dudley (2 miles).
The following buses stop on Lloyd Street (adjacent to Salters Lane) 45, 46 and 64. The best route into Sandwell Valley from here is through Dartmouth Park.
Getting there on foot
The Country Park lies in the heart of West Bromwich and can be found just off Junction 1 of the M5 motorway. It is just 10 minutes walk from West Bromwich town centre.
Getting there by road
If using SAT NAV use postcode B71 4BG. Once in salters Lane head to the bottom of the road to the main car park. Car parking charges apply @ 40 pence per hour.
Toilets are open from 8:30am at the Pavillion at the top of the Showground and from 10:00am in the Park Farm Building.
For more information please contact Donna:
T: 07881 109 525