Teen Autism Confident – Black Country
1st September 2023 at 8:00 am - 1st January 2024 at 5:00 pmFree
Coming to the Black Country in Autumn 2023, our Teen Autism Confident programmes.
They offer an opportunity to learn more about autism in a small, supportive, group setting and to share experiences and identify strategies that could help in day-to-day life.
Feel free to email Amy on email@example.com with any questions.
The 6 weekly topics covered include:
- Understanding Autism
- Social Communication
- Sensory Awareness
- Self-esteem and Self-image (teens)
- Disclosure(adults) / Transitions, Change and the Future (teens)
The first programme will be completely online and the second programme will have the option of meeting for a 1-2-1, in-person session with an autism specialist at the first and final session.
Who can attend:
- Autistic teenagers (over 13 years)
- It does not matter when your diagnosis was received
- Your GP (doctor) comes under the Black Country & West Birmingham CCG.
- You are able to commit to attending weekly sessions.
Register your interest here
The exact dates are yet to be confirmed but we ask that you register your interest early so that we can begin to organise the groups.
For further information please call or email Amy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcome from all areas of the Black Country.