We operate a specialist advice service to help people sustain their current employment.
Our Aspire team have more than ten years’ experience working with employers and people with autism, and have achieved many successful outcomes.
Access to Work
At Autism West Midlands, we understand the need for support to help you stay in work. We can offer you an individualised support plan to help you cope with and address some of the challenges that being in work may bring.
We also offer support and advice to people who are already in employment or have recently found a job. If you have Autism or Asperger syndrome and are currently employed or about to start a new job, one of our Employment Supporters can provide you and your colleagues with ongoing support in the workplace.
This service is free and funded by Access to Work, a programme developed by the Department for Work and Pensions providing support in overcoming obstacles in the workplace resulting from your Autism or Asperger syndrome.
How will we help?
As Employment Supporters, we promise to:
- Visit you regularly in your workplace,
- Help you to understand your Autism or Asperger syndrome,
- Help other people understand your Autism or Asperger syndrome including your manager and colleagues,
- Offer Autism training to large groups within your organisation,
- Assess your workplace and advise on any reasonable adjustments to help you,
- Provide practical solutions,
- Help you build relationships with your colleagues,
- Offer ways to view situations differently.
How to apply
Contact Aspire at Autism West Midlands
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 01214507582
For more information on the ATW scheme and how to apply, follow this link:
Please check with a member of the Aspire team before requesting our support as we may not always be able to cover your area.